Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Proudly South African

Well, you can tell by the choice of music today that we are celebrating being South African - why today more then any other day? Well, tonight Bafana Bafana, our national soccer team are in the semi final of the Confederation Cup against Brazil!

Its a tough one for Mark, because Brazil is his ALL TIME FAVORITE EVER team, but of course we want to support our home team so luckily Brazil and Bafana both have yellow tops - so he can just wear yellow to support both - but for tonight, we are routing for Bafana Bafana for sure!

Just us getting to the semi final is a great achievement for a side that was not highly rated at the moment - and it sure does a lot for the upcoming Soccer World Cup here in 2010

Watch this space...who knows...perhaps we play stronger tonight - can you imagine beating Brazil? Will it be another USA win over SPAIN surprise? Who knows, we certainly hope so, but either way, we got to the semi's and have hosted a good cup so far , setting the stage for 2010

I sure am excited and proud to be a South African today and cant wait for 2010 to arrive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all I would like to say superb blog! I had a
quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head before writing.
I've had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Many thanks!

My web-site - ideal waist to height ratio

Photobucket