Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Keagan

Dear Keagan
Happy 4th Birthday big boy! We hope you have a wonderful day today and many many more Happy Birthdays!
We hope your day is full of cake and all the lovely things you like to eat and lots of celebrations! Stay the very brave boy you are - we are all praying for Our Lord to make you much much better and for him to guide your Daddy and Mommy and brother !
God Bless, lots of hugs and hope and prayers
Mark Samm Deqlan Logan

AN UPDATE ON KEAGAN FROM HIS MOMMY:
23/06/09Dear friends and family"Tomorrow, 23 June, Keagan will be 4 years old. We celebrated his birthday on Saturday and it turned out to be a wonderful day where everybody - especially the little ones - enjoyed themselves. Unfortunately Keagan was too weak and tired to enjoy any of it, but he did have a good time opening his presents later in the evening!On Saturday morning we finished the last chemo which can be given, but this morning (Monday) we returned to the hospital where he is being treated for an infection. He does not look well at all and cannot eat. A feeding tube has been inserted into his nose so that nutritious shakes can be administered. He also has severe and constant headaches from the medication, including high fevers. Fortunately he is being closely monitored and treated for all his ailments. I trust that he will be feeling better within the next day or two.The past 2 years have not been easy, but especially so - the past few weeks. My faith has been tested by circumstance like never before, I have cried more tears lately than I have over the past 2 years since Keagan was diagnosed. I have never been more scared, more emotional and more tired. No sooner do things look positive, when the next bad news or negative circumstance arises. Last Tuesday, 16 June, our doctor told us that he was not sure that Keagan would make it. Up until now he has received all the chemo that can possibly be given. Any further attempt to destroy cancer cells with more chemo could cause Keagan's demise. So, from Tuesday to Sunday afternoon, I had lost hope that Keagan would survive. I didn't stop praying, but had begun to prepare myself for the death of my little boy. I felt guilty for having lost my faith and I prayed for forgiveness from God. On Sunday afternoon my husband and I had a conversation about faith and miracles, and afterward I suddenly felt renewed strength, renewed hope and renewed faith. I prayed to God and I thanked Him for the miracle which is Keagan, and the miracle which is Reuben. We are begging and pleading with God for a miracle: that our son will live. Not only that, but we pray that he and our other son, Reuben, may be blessed with a joyful, long life, a life that will bear good fruits. We pray for guidance, wisdom and insight, so that we may raise both our sons on the solid foundation which is God, His Word, and that we may live our lives in a manner that is pleasing in His sight.In the Bible God says that when we pray and do not doubt, we shall receive whatever we ask for in prayer (Matt 21:21-22) . He also says where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name, there He shall be. In James 1:6 God says again that when we pray we must believe and not doubt at all. I also find the verse playing over and over in my mind which says that you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul (I don't remember where in the scripture this is written and I recall this verse from long ago, so I stand corrected with these words).We are praying for a miracle, yet at the same time I thank God for all the many, many blessings he has bestowed upon us, and He continues to bless us each and every single day in many ways. I will persevere and endure, and no matter what may lie ahead for me - I will hold on to God and His Word more tightly with each passing day. I am not afraid of the trials that still lie ahead for me and my family, because it says in Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".We trust in God, in His promises, and we take His words into our hearts and minds.Thank you for your continued prayers everybody! May God grant you the strength to endure and persevere throughout all the daily challenges we must all face - whatever they may be."TRUST in God.God bless and much love,Shireen

No comments:

Photobucket