Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

wonderful mothers

we read this poem from our good friend Charli's site and wanted to share it with all of you..


I am wearing a pair of shoes.
They are ugly shoes.
Uncomfortable shoes.
I hate my shoes.

Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair.

Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step.

Yet, I continue to wear them.

I get funny looks wearing these shoes.
I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs.

They never talk about my shoes.

To learn how awful my shoes are
might make them uncomfortable.

To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them.

But, once you put them on, you can never take them off.

I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes.
There are many pairs in this world.
Some women ache daily as they try and walk in them.

Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as much.
Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt.

No woman deserves to wear these shoes.

Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman.

These shoes have given me the strength to face anything.
They have made me who I am.

I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has a child with cancer.


I also wanted to tell you about a lovely group called MOTHERS PRAYERS. A lovely friend from school who we havent see in ages , is now living in the UK with her family and has two gorgeous children. She told me about Mothers Prayers, this as formed to help those mothers who wished to pray together for their children and grand children and to find the support they needed. Please visit their website http://www.mothersprayers.org/ Thank you Michelle for getting in touch and leading us to this wonderful group!


I also wanted to say thank you so much to Karen Fisher and her family for the wonderful contribution of lots of pjamas for our snug as a bug project! Thank you Dear Karen, for again, immediately wanting to help us and for being so eager to help others, you are an amazing lady and an amazing mom and friend! Thank you!

We didnt manage to have the normal speech and ot session yesterday as Deqlan fell asleep in the car on the way there! So i just had a chat and got some notes and ideas to try with Deqlan this week.

Go and have a look at Caden's blogspot - fantastic news....CADEN IS HOME! we wish you guys lots of love, happiness, cherished moments and May God continue to Bless, protect and guide you all - we cant wait to meet little Caden! Big hugs to him in the mean time.

Please could I ask you for prayers for our dear friend Kate - she is having her 6 month NED check up this week - she will be having bone marrow biopsies, mibg and ct scans , bone scans and blood and urine testts during the course of the week. Please pray for her continued NED status and patience and guidance, peace and comfort while the family wait for the great results!

A VERY HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY TO YOU OUR PRECIOUS KEATON! STAY THE BEAUTIFUL, GENTLE , HAPPY BY YOU ARE ! YOU HAVE ALREADY STOLEN OUR HEARTS AND WE LOVE WATCHING YOU SMILE AND HEARING YOU COO. MAY OUR LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS AND PROTECT YOU ALWAYS - I KNOW YOU AND DEQLAN ARE GOING TO BE BIG BUDDIES WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO PLAY A LITTLE MORE! WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Also a Happy 2nd Birthday to Adrian in Hong Kong for th 14th of April! We hope you had a fantastic Birthday and enjoyed playing with your gifts! Prayers continue you for you each day, we are so proud of you , stay the courageous soldier you are!

Today also marks 3 months since Deqlan was pronounced NED!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone and please continue to pray for Deqlan to remain NED and for all his friends that are ned to stay ned, those they are having treatment that the treatment is a huge success, those that need miracles, recieved them from Our Lord and that more funding is made availablea and more awareness raised to cure neuroblastoma forever.

God Bless and lots of love
Mark, Samm & Deqlan
FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD, PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU, PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE JEREMIAH 29:11

No comments:

Photobucket