Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Paddling for a cure

Hello Everybody

I wanted to remind you of the amazing mission and amazing mom is about to embark on to raise funds to fighting neuroblastoma! Karen , Kates Mom and her Aunt or about to take on the Grand Canyon! I couldnt be prouder to know you Karen and wish you Aunt Maryellen a very succesful, safe and prosperous trip! We look forward to following with you and enjoying your adventures! I am delighted to see you have gone way above your goal and hope the figure continues to climb and soar and lead us to the cure! We are so proud of you and will be with you in spirit and mind and prayer! I know your kids are so proud of you, especially gorgeous Kate!
God Bless, hugs and love
Mark Samm Deqlan Logan

From paddling for a cure:

"I'm afraid we've found something serious." I will never forget hearing those words on the afternoon of April 4th, 2007. That was the day I first heard the word Neuroblastoma. That was the day I found out that my baby girl had a rare and often deadly form of cancer.
Thankfully Kate is now among the lucky and blessed few who are survivors of this horrible disease. (To read more about her journey, visit us on CaringBridge.) But in the two years that have passed since her diagnosis I continue to be amazed by the very low levels of funding that go towards pediatric cancer research. Similarly, not enough money goes towards the development of new, better and less toxic treatments.
This May, my Aunt Maryellen and I will paddle raft the entire length of the Grand Canyon over two weeks time. We'll sleep on the shore of the Colorado river at night and raft it by day. Make no mistake - this will be a wonderful adventure although I admit I'm not sure how I will handle two weeks without my kids - or a shower! We'll cross more than 100 rapids, including the wildest navigable river water in all of North America. We're calling this adventure "PADDLING FOR A CURE!" and we're doing it to fund the development of a new treatment for Neuroblastoma.
PADDLING FOR A CURE will benefit the Band of Parents. I stand proudly as a member of this non-profit organization. We are a group of parents who are directly funding the development of new treatment options for Neuroblastoma. Many members of the Band have children in active treatment and are desperately waiting for these options in the hope of saving their own kids. I am not exaggerating when I say that your dollar(s) may make the real difference between life and death. Please click on the link above to read more about the Band and our work.
Maryellen and I will be honored to see your name on the sponsorship / donor roll below. Your positive energy, prayers and support mean so much to us and the members of the Band of Parents. Thank you!

No comments:

Photobucket